- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 10h
- Language English
- Date 9-10 November 2023
Monitoring and Evaluation in EU funded projects
2-day session training course to strengthen participants’ capacity to set up and properly manage effective monitoring systems and tools in EU funded projects
Discover how to deal with monitoring & evaluation processes within EU-funded projects. Through this course you will enhance your capacity to monitor and evaluate actions and to formulate actions that can be easily monitored and evaluated. Get practical tips and step-by-step guidance to develop the adequate tools starting from the proposal stage. Be able to formulate good logframes with relevant and measurable indicators as a basis for your monitoring plans. Learn more on how to collect, analyse and use data to make sure your action is on track and achieves the expected results, feeding – at the same time – your organisation’ reporting, communication and learning processes. And finally, discover the different types of M&E exercises and know how to prepare relevant Terms of References.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Know the key principles of M&E
- Set up and manage the M&E processes in your project
- Identify and prepare the most suitable M&E tools
- Link the M&E processes with reporting, communication & learning
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The course is structured in 2 days of 3h30m of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. The total time to complete the course is approximately 10 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 7 hours – 2 sessions of 3h30m each - the sessions will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and they include lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1h30m, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents that you can study at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 15 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for any people engaged in managing EU-funded development projects (regardless of the sector of intervention and the geographical context) who want to:
- Know how to set up good monitoring systems and tools from the project planning phase
- Be able to use M&E processes for reporting, communication & learning
A basic knowledge of the PCM and logframe approach is suitable for this course.
Computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset and Internet connection. The live sessions are organized in Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available for 7 calendar days before the starting date and for 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have reviewed the training material and completed the exit test you can download your certificate of attendance from the learning platform. Each specific course has a certificate to download.
The certificates and the records of the courses attended are always available in your profile page
- Why are we monitoring & evaluating
- Key definitions and principles
- EU requirements on M&E
- Collection techniques and tools: baselines, focus groups, field visits, sampling
- Analysing data on project activities & expenditures
- Using findings of M&E
- Reporting to the EU
- M&E, communication and learning
Monica FavotProject Department And Evaluation Lab - Trainer
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Beginners - Intermediate
(excluding VAT - to be added if due)
Max: 25 | Min: 8
PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform
h 09.30: – 13:30 CET/CEST
Booking will close on 08/11/2023
Discount for Multiple Booking Details
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal