- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 20h
- Language English
- Date 16-17 & 23-24 October 2023
Get EU Grants: writing successful proposals
4-day session training course designed to strengthen the participants’ capacity to write successful project proposals and receive EU grants
This course provides practical guidance on how to prepare project proposals with the goal of obtaining funding from the DG INTPA/DG NEAR and the EU delegations for your development cooperation programs. Discover how the EU funding and programming system works and note our experts’ tips on how to establish a fruitful relationship with the EC and the EU delegations. Learn how to deal with calls for proposals and strengthen your competence in proposal writing and budgeting to be successful in the grant application process.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Detect what is important to know about the EU funding and programming system.
- Identify and analyze the EU programming documents related to financial instruments and multi-annual strategic documents.
- Follow the key steps of the application process in a call for proposals.
- Fill out the concept note and full application with relevant information, according to EU requirements and evaluation criteria.
- Draft sound logframes.
- Draft realistic budgets in compliance with eligibility rules and requirements.
- Increase the success rate of you project proposals.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The curse is structured in 4 days of 4 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 20 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 16 hours: 4 sessions of 4 hours each - the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1h30m – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents, exercises and interactive eLearning modules that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for:
- Staff of NGOs and other not-for-profit organizations with some experience in EU funding and programming system who wish to improve their capacity and success rate in writing proposals;
- Staff of UN agencies and other pillar assessed organisations usually participating in calls for proposals and using EU application formats;
- Professionals and consultants who are interested in improving their project proposal writing skills.
Previous experience or knowledge relating to accessing and managing EU funding is suitable, but not compulsory.
You will need access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset, and an Internet connection. The course will be held over Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
For any queries please have a look at our FAQs. If you don’t find what you’re looking for or need additional information, please get in touch with our customer care service.
- The MFF 2021-2027: focus on ‘Neighbourhood and the World’ and its financial instruments
- Main component of the NDICI
- Analyses and use the MultiannuaI Indicative Programmes (MIPs)
- Top priorities and management modalities of the Trust Funds
- Align your objectives with the EU and partner’s country priority and expected results
- Two ways to get funding: direct negotiation and calls for proposals
- How to be proactive to ensure a fruitful relationship with the EC and EU delegations
- Steps of the application process
- Using the guidelines for applicants
- Application documents and mandatory declarations
- Build your results chain
- Identify SMART indicators and reliable sources of verification
- Identify key assumptions
- Describe the main activities
- Results and indicators for development – a new DEVCO tool: how to use the tool for the preparation of good logframes
- Description of the action: how to identify and explain the project logic
- Relevance to the EU call and programme objectives
- Problem analysis
- Stakeholder analysis and description of target group and beneficiaries
- Description of the action in detail
- Methodology: don’t forget a list of equipment and supplies and the organisational structure (staff employed)
- Sustainability: risks, impact, multiplier effects
- The budget format
- Direct (actual costs and apportionment of local office costs) and indirect costs
- Eligibility principles
- Financial support for third parties
- Volunteer work
- The possible use of simplified cost options
- How to justify the costs
- Human resources vs consultants
- Handover of equipment and supplies
- Contingency reserve for possible situations of hyper-inflation
Download the Agenda
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
(excluding VAT - to be added if due)
Max: 25 | Min: 8
PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform
h 09:30 - 13:30 CET/CEST
Booking will close on 15/10/2023
Discount for Multiple Booking Details
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal
Save your money and buy this course in the Learning Plan
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Intermediate - Advanced