- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 11 hours
- Language English
- Date 28-29 October 2024
Strategic management of Financial Support to Third Parties
2-day training session to fully familiarise with all the activities related to Financial Support to Third Parties within an EU-funded projects
Explore the full potential of Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) within DG INTPA/DG NEAR-funded projects in this comprehensive 2-day training session. The course starts delving into the framework for FSTP implementation, to cover its main aims, various forms, general rules and the contractual relationship between grant beneficiaries and recipients of financial support. It then concentrates on the design of actions with FSTP components, integrating them into the entire project and outlining effective selection and award processes. After this overall introduction, the course focuses on the implementation of FSTP as part of a fully-fledged capacity development programme, including the monitoring results and the reporting processes. It provides comprehensive insights into evaluation approaches, monitoring tools, and key checks for expenditure verification. Practical examples and discussions will enhance your ability to navigate the Guidelines for Applicants and ensure compliance with EU rules throughout the FSTP lifecycle. You will be able to share experiences with other participants on the set-up and use of control and monitoring mechanisms. Finally, PuntoSud facilitators with long-standing experience in managing FSTP, will share their tips and tricks on how to report about Financial Support to Third Parties in the narrative and financial reports to be submitted to the EU.
By the end of the virtual classroom, you will:
- Know what is Financial Support to Third Parties and its main aim
- Be aware of where to find relevant information and specific requirements in the Guidelines for Applicants
- Be able to provide the right and complete information in the concept note and full application formats, including the budget
- Ensure full compliance of the management of the FSTP component with the applicable EU rules, including monitoring & reporting.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The course is structured in 2 days of 4 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. The total time to complete the course is approximately 11 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 8 hours – 2 sessions of 4 hours each - the sessions will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and they include lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1h30m, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents that you can study at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is made for individuals involved in EU-funded projects, particularly those who are responsible for or interested in managing Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP). For other people involved in project proposals, dealing with budgets, or responsible for ensuring compliance with EU rules, this could be a great opportunity to enhance understanding and skills in this specific area. A basic knowledge of the EU rules and procedures is suitable for this course.
You will need access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset, and an Internet connection. The course will be held over Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 30 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
- Main aim of Financial Support (FS)
- General rules on FSTP
- Contractual relationship between the Grant beneficiaries and the recipient of Financial Support
- The key information from Guidelines of Applicants to be used for proposals writing
- Designing FSTP: identify objectives, results, main activities, type of entities to be supported, other capacity development activities to complement FS
- Integrate the FSTP component within the whole action
- Describe FSTP in the Concept Note, in the Full Application and in the budget
- Call and selection procedures: the different options
- Designing the call for applications
- Launching the call for applications
- The evaluation and selection procedure
- Eligibility checks and award of Financial Support
- Contractual arrangements with beneficiaries of Financial Support
- Address capacity development needs of beneficiaries: defining a strategy
- Examples of capacity development activities for beneficiaries of Financial Support
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning approaches applicable to FSTP
- Examples of monitoring tools to ensure achievement of expected results
- Reporting financial support: reporting from third parties in the frame of the interim & final narrative reports to the EU
- Make sure of the eligibility of costs incurred by the beneficiaries of FS
- Monitor the expenditure incurred by beneficiaries of Financial Support
- Example of useful tools to ensure monitor of expenditure and compliance with EU rules
- Include FSTP expenditure in financial reports
- Key checks during expenditure verification
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
(excluding VAT - to be added if due)
Max: 25 | Min: 8
PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform
h 09:30 - 13:30 CET/CEST
Booking will close on 28/10/2024
Discount for Multiple Booking Details
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal
Save your money and buy this course in the Certificate Program
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Intermediate - Advanced