- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 20h
- Language English
- Date 9-10-11 November 2022
Managing ECHO Humanitarian Actions
3-day virtual training module to strengthen the participants’ ability to implement an ECHO-funded action.
Become familiar with the European Union Humanitarian Aid Action and its main objectives, including saving lives, alleviating suffering and protecting human dignity during and in the aftermath of emergencies, through material and logistical assistance. Know how ECHO, the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations, implements humanitarian aid operations, through the cooperation with its partners and a complex set of regulations that define various roles and responsibilities. Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Partnership 2021 – 2027’s main provisions. Be able to propose and manage ECHO-funded actions and be aware of the rules that must be followed to ensure an adequate, effective, equitable and flexible delivery of aid.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how ECHO works; the roles and responsibilities of both ECHO and the implementing agencies; the legal framework and the working documents.
- Understand the logic behind the Single Form format and know how to properly complete and submit it.
- Correctly manage (and report on) the ECHO funded action in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Find all necessary information in the Model Grant Agreement, the supporting documents and the policy manuals.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The curse is structured in 3 days of 6 hours of interactive online live sessions combined with self-learning. Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 20 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 18 hours – 3 sessions of 6 hours each - the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 30 mins – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents, exercises and interactive eLearning modules that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for:
- University students, graduates, professionals and operators looking to work in the field of humanitarian aid, especially in ECHO programs.
This course serves both as introduction to and as specialization on ECHO specific procedures and policies.
You will need access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset, and an Internet connection. The course will be held over Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
If the application is accepted, applicants will be notified by email.
Payment can be made by bank transfer (every successful candidate will receive further details by email).
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +39 02.863313223.
- The legal basis
- Overall organization and who’s who
- The partnership instruments
- Financing decisions and humanitarian implementation plans
- Appel overview
- The Single Form format
- Gender-age marker
- Resilience marker
- Environmental considerations
- Needs assessment and risk analysis
- ECHO logframe rules
- Overview and administrative information
Elena CerretelliTraining Manager - Trainer
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Beginners - Intermediate
20% discount to the organizations wishing to enrol 2 or more employees