- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 14h
- Language English
- Date 13-14-15 December 2021
Financial management of EU Grants: everything you need to know from budgeting to final audit
3-day session training course designed to strengthen the participants’ skills and capacity in financial management of EU grants
This practical overview covers everything you need to know about the financial management of EU-funded projects financed by DG INTPA/DG NEAR and the EU Delegations under the PRAG rules, starting from the preparation of a suitable and realistic budget. Find out how to prepare a procurement plan for the purchase of supplies, services and works in accordance with EU rules. Hone your knowledge and tools for monitoring project expenditure, ensuring the eligibility of costs and the collection of all needed supporting documents. Learn how to conduct budget modifications as needed during project implementation, and become fully prepared for expenditure verifications and possible audits.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare proper and realistic budgets.
- Develop and use monitoring tools for checking project expenditure.
- Prepare a procurement plan and properly apply procurement procedures.
- Prepare interim and final financial reports.
- Request further payments.
- Be ready for expenditure verifications and audits.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The curse is structured in 3 days of 3h30m of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 14 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 10h30m – 3 sessions of 3h30m hours each - the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 2 hours – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents, exercises and interactive eLearning modules that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for:
- Financial managers and other key staff involved in administrative and financial management, project accounting and financial reporting of EU-funded actions under PRAG rules.
- Professionals and consultants who are interested in becoming more familiar with financial management of grants under PRAG rules.
- NOT appropriate for pillar-assessed organizations’ staff acting under the Contribution Agreement.
Basic knowledge of EU project cycle management and main implementation rules is suitable for this course.
You will need access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset, and an Internet connection. The course will be held over Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
- The PRAG and applicable rules for grants
- Two ways to get funding: direct award and calls for proposals
- Eligibility principles
- Budget template
- Cost justification
- Direct and indirect costs
- Ineligible costs
- Project office costs
- Other special costs: financial support for third parties, VAT
- Co-financing and volunteers’ work
- Simplified cost options
- Main actors of the grant contract
- The special conditions and the annexes
- Implementing contracts vs subcontracting
- Main rules form Annex IV: EU restrictive measures, rules of nationality and origin
- Procurement planning and execution
- Develop a monitoring system to keep expenditure under control
- Ensure the eligibility of expenditure
- Record-keeping: supporting documents that must be kept to ensure eligibility of costs
- General rules on changes
- Two types of modifications: unilateral modification and addendum
- Suspension procedure
- Main reporting rules
- Deadlines for submission of reports
- Brief overview of the interim and final financial report formats
- Payment procedures
- Currency conversion rules
- Annexes to the interim and final reports
- Different objectives of expenditure verification, financial and system audits
- Expenditure verification: a step-by-step look at the process
- Tips to be prepared for expenditure verification
- ToR for system audits
Download the Agenda
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Save your money and buy this course in the Learning Plan
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Intermediate - Advanced
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal