- Category Face-To-Face Classroom
- Duration 23h45m
- Language English
- Date 27-28-29 November 2023
Become a master of contractual and financial management of EU Grants under the PRAG rules
3-day face-to-face training to provide a specific and practical overview of all the rules and procedures applicable to Grants contract signed under the PRAG 2021
The course will provide a specific and practical overview of all the rules and procedures applicable to Grants under the PRAG. You will get best practices and tools to be used to solve all types of issues and challenges you may face in the implementation of EU-funded projects. You will become competent in procurement, M&E, cost eligibility, communication and visibility and reporting. You will be able to ensure fruitful partnership and coordination mechanisms and will learn how to properly deal with changes that might arise during project implementation. Finally you will know what to expect from and expenditure verification or an audit and how to be properly prepared for this challenging phase of your project.
The course will be set up with a practical approach making use of case studies, good and bad examples from the real life. Moreover, participants will be able to share tips and practical experiences among them, do interactive exercises and group works.
A constant reference to the EU’s official documents and websites (e.g. ePRAG, Grant contracts and annexes, eCompanion) will be used to make the participants familiar with them for future reference.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Properly apply PRAG procedures concerning grants and relevant internal organisation’s rules
- Build and manage effective project partnerships.
- Set up and use a suitable monitoring plans to check results and project expenditure.
- Prepare a procurement plan and properly apply procurement procedures.
- Easily deal with financial support to third parties.
- Implement communication and visibility activities according to relevant rules.
- Deal with potential changes that arise during project implementation.
- Report on results achieved and costs incurred.
- Be prepared for the expenditure verification and possible audits.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can have access to logistic information, download the course materials, complete some assignments.
The course is structured in 3 days of 7 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. The total time to complete the course is approximately 23h45m:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 21 hours – 3 sessions of 7 hours each - the sessions will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and they include lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes
- Additional learning material – 1h30m, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents that you can study at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants after the training
- Final tasks – 15 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for:
- Staff of NGOs and other not-for-profit organizations with some experience in the EU funding and programming system who are interested in obtaining a complete overview on the key PRAG rules to follow when managing EU grants for their development projects.
- Professionals and consultants who are interested in becoming more familiar with the implementing rules of grants under the PRAG.
- NOT appropriate for pillar-assessed organizations’ staff acting under the Contribution Agreement.
Basic knowledge of the EU programming and funding system is needed for this course; previous experience in managing EU grants is suitable.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
For any queries please have a look at our FAQs. If you don’t find what you’re looking for or need additional information, please get in touch with our customer care service.
- Introduction to the PRAG
- The main rules related to grants
- Steps and success factors to ensure a good partnership
- Activity planning
- Setting up monitoring tools
- Ensuring knowledge and application of internal rules (e.g. perdiem and travel procedures, code of conduct, procedures against SEA-H)
- Procurement principles and rules (e.g. EU restrictive measures, rules of nationality and origin) - Key references: art. 10 GC, annex IV, internal procurement procedures
- Procurement planning/implementation
- Internal procurement procedures: Key aspects to be considered
- Tips on procurement processes
- What is it?
- Selection and award procedures
- Monitoring and reporting of results achieved/expenditure incurred with the financial support
- Key rules: M&E from the EC and the Grant beneficiaries
- EU ROM mission
- Internal monitoring: main objectives, mechanisms and tools
- What should be monitored: respect of procedures, progresses, level of expenditure, use of financial support
- Monitoring results: the process – starting from the logframe indicators
- Cost eligibility principles and conditions
- Direct/Indirect costs
- Project office costs
- Simplified Cost Options
- Records keeping
- Contractual obligations
- Use of the C&V manual
- Main rules for the different types of activities
- Data protection related to project beneficiaries when using photos, videos, names (in meetings), etc.
- Additional tips for better communication activities
- Report on C&V activities/results
- Minor and major changes: two types of modifications
- Budget modifications: the 25% rule
- Procedure to request minor/major changes
- Suspension procedure
- Main reporting rules
- Deadlines for submission of reports
- Payment procedures
- Currency conversion rules
- Narrative interim and final reports: templates to be used, key information to be provided
- How to prepare financial reports
- Annexes to the interim and final reports
- Differences between an expenditure verification and an audit
- The expenditure verification process and ToR
- Documents to be prepared for the expenditure verification
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
(excluding VAT - to be added if due)
Max: 25 | Min: 8
Milan (Italy) - PuntoSud HQ
Via Privata Angera 3, 20125
h 9:30-17:00 (first day) - h 9:00-17:00 (second and third day) CET/CEST
Booking will close on 26/11/2023
Discount for Multiple Booking Details
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Intermediate - Advanced