- Category eLearning
- Duration 2h
- Language English
- Date Discover More
What you need to know about procurement in DG ECHO funded Actions
eLearning course to provide a complete presentation of procurement procedures to be applied by NGOs when dealing with procurement processes in DG ECHO funded actions.
This e-learning course provides a complete presentation of procurement procedures to be applied by NGOs when dealing with procurement processes in DG ECHO funded actions. It consists in an in-depth presentation of the rules and provisions of Annex III, following the different aspects of the purchasing process, including the mandatory principles always applicable, the option to buy through Humanitarian Procurement Centres, the special rules for food and medical supplies, possible derogations to be requested to Annex III, etc. The last session of the course is dedicated to the rules applicable to remaining equipment and goods purchased within DG ECHO funded Action, at the end of the implementation period.
This course aims at giving a detailed overview of procurement procedures to be used in EU-funded humanitarian aid actions.
The main objective of this course is to improve participant’s knowledge and skills in the specificities of the procurement process, according to Annex III, and in the management of remaining supplies at the end of your actions.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the scope and applicability of Annex III of the FPA;
- Gain knowledge of general procurement rules and procedures;
- Know how to provide relevant information on your procurement procedures in the Single Form;
- Be able to prepare a procurement plan;
- Learn about special rules for medical supplies/devices and for food;
- Know when and how to request derogations;
- Be aware on how to deal with critical aspects related to procurement;
- Know how to deal with the management of possible remaining supplies purchased with DG ECHO funds at the end of the Action.
Staff involved in the management of procurement processes of the DG ECHO-funded Actions. Please consider that this course requires experience in the implementation/management of DG ECHO funded actions (general knowledge of FPA 2014), so specific issues related to proposal and implementation stage are not covered and are given for granted.
Please be informed that ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.
You will need access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an Internet connection.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance will be available to download directly from the learning platform.
The course is divided into the following six sections:
- Introduction to procurement;
- Overview of mandatory principles;
- Procurement in the Single Form;
- Special rules for medical supplies/devices and food;
- Derogations to procurement rules;
- Dealing with remaining supplies.
No Trainers Available
Beginners - Intermediate
This course is part of the DG ECHO Framework Contract.
Please be informed that DG ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.