- Category eLearning
- Duration 2h
- Language English
- Date View Calendar
Mainstreaming disability inclusion in humanitarian actions
eLearning course to enhance your understanding of inclusive humanitarian action strategies
The general objective of this e-learning is to enhance your understanding of inclusive humanitarian action strategies and better equip you to put into practice the “DG ECHO operational guidance on inclusion of persons with disabilities” and the “Interagency Standing Committee guideline on inclusion of persons with disabilities in humanitarian action”.
By the end of this operationally-oriented training, you will:
- Understand what is meant by disability-inclusive humanitarian action as a rights-based approach rooted in the existing framework of protection mainstreaming;
- Have an increased awareness of disability in humanitarian settings, particularly in relation to the Risk Equation mentioned in DG ECHO operational guidance on inclusion of persons with disabilities, the barriers and enablers encountered by persons with disabilities in humanitarian contexts, and the impact these have in access to equal participation;
- Gain an initial knowledge of the concepts of accessibility, universal design, and reasonable accommodation;
- Gain a preliminary understanding of the importance of disaggregated data and of collecting disability-inclusive data for inclusive programming;
- Understand what are the disability-inclusive accountability mechanisms.
This course is aimed at DG ECHO Partners and staff who are not very familiar with this topic.
Please be informed that ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.
You will need access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an Internet connection.
This e-learning consists of 3 modules:
1. Module 1: Introduction to key concepts
2. Module 2: Ensuring disability inclusion in programming and the Single Form
3. Module 3: Looking at the disability inclusive approach in practice
You must successfully complete each module in order to obtain the final certificate.
No Trainers Available
Beginners - Intermediate
This course is part of the DG ECHO Framework Contract.
Please be informed that DG ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.
The course is available in multiple languages:
Mainstreaming disability inclusion in humanitarian actions (English)
Intégration de l'inclusion des personnes en situation de handicap dans les actions humanitaires (French)
Inclusión de las personas con discapacidad en las acciones humanitarias (Spanish)