- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 4h
- Language English
- Date View Calendar
Mastering financial management for DG ECHO-funded actions
3-day session training course designed to strengthen participants’ knowledge of financial rules applicable to the DG ECHO Model Grant Agreement.
This virtual training course offers a comprehensive understanding of financial management for DG ECHO-funded actions with this insightful course. You'll explore the provisions outlined in the Model Grant Agreement and master the art of budget monitoring. From preparation to amendment and control, you'll gain the skills you need to ensure financial compliance, proper reporting and smooth audit processes. With a range of useful tools at your disposal, you'll be equipped to tackle any issue or challenge during the implementation phase of a DG ECHO-funded action with confidence.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Better apply the financial provisions established by the Model Grant Agreement to manage the different phases of the ECHO funded Action;
- Easily deal with the operational budget and Annex II ;
- Ensure proper application of eligibility conditions;
- Prepare the final financial report;
- Know how to manage remaining supplies;
- Be prepared for an ECHO audit;
- Properly manage the flow of communication with ECHO;
- Find the relevant information in the MGA and its supporting documents.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments. The course is structured in 3 days of 4 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning.
Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 15 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 30 minutes – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 12h – 3 sessions of 4 hours each - the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1 hour – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 minutes – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is designed for NGOs’ in charge of budget monitoring (including budget preparation, budget amendments and budget-related controls), financial compliance and financial reporting but also project managers in charge of implementing DG ECHO funded Actions., both at the field and HQ level.
Basic knowledge of MGA is desirable but not essential.
You will need access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an Internet connection.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
- Brief overview of DG ECHO: DG ECHO communication workflow, The Humanitarian Certificate and Legal basis
- Model Gran Agreement overview
- Key concepts and terminology
- Conditions for the eligibility of costs
- Categories of eligible costs
- Ineligible costs
- Working on practical scenarios
- Presentation of the templates: Operational budget and Annex II
- Continue on day two
- Working on the budget
- Requirements at interim report stage
- Budget modifications
- Brainstorming on main challenges budget
- Dealing with remaining equipment and goods
- Timing and general obligations for the submission of the FR
- Final financial report
- What is a DG ECHO audit
- Standard documents
- Field audit VS Headquarter Audit
- Timing of audits
- Record keeping
- Supporting documents retention for each category of costs
- Working on supporting documents checklist
- Brainstorming on main challenges regarding audit
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
Managing ECHO Humanitarian Actions
PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform
(Excluding VAT – to be added if due)
3-day virtual training module to strengthen the participants’ ability to implement an ECHO-funded action.