- Category eLearning
- Duration 2h
- Language English
- Date Discover More
Greening Humanitarian Aid
eLearning course to better address environmental issues and facilitate collective learning within the humanitarian sector.
The current climate and environmental crisis calls upon our collective responsibility to reduce the environmental footprint of human activity in general and, more specifically, humanitarian action.
DG ECHO has embarked on an environmental journey, aiming at supporting the implementation of a greener humanitarian response and reducing, as far as possible, the environmental and climate footprint of the humanitarian operations it funds.
As part of this new environmental approach, DG ECHO aims to support its partners (and its staff) in better addressing environmental issues and reducing their footprint, as well as facilitating collective learning within the humanitarian sector.
This eLearning course is part of this effort, as it intends to :
- Provide methodological and technical support in better mainstreaming environmental issues into humanitarian work and
- Provide background information on the Environment and Humanitarian Action (EHA), as well as guidance on where to find additional information.
This course is aimed at all humanitarian workers interested in improving their knowledge and competencies in relation to EHA (Environment in Humanitarian Action).
Please be informed that ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.
You will need access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an Internet connection.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance will be available to download directly from the learning platform.
This e-learning course is organised into four stand-alone modules:
- Module 1: Why mainstream environmental issues?
- Module 2: Adopting an environmental approach to humanitarian programming
- Module 3: How to mainstream environmental issues in office management (in field and HQ)
- Module 4: The latest developments in EHA
No Trainers Available
Beginners - Intermediate
This course is part of the DG ECHO Framework Contract.
Please be informed that DG ECHO courses are free of charge and reserved only for DG ECHO staff, DG ECHO Certified Partners and their Implementing Partners.
The course is available in multiple languages:
- Greening Humanitarian Aid (English)
- Pour une aide humanitaire plus verte (French)
- Reverdeciendo la ayuda humanitaria (Spanish)