- Category Learning Plan
- Number of Courses 4
- Language English
- Duration 12,5 hours
eLearning Package: A closer look at specific EU Grant implementing rules
A learning package composed of four eLearning courses designed to provide in-depth knowledge of specific rules and provisions linked to the management of EU-funded projects
Try all of our eLearning courses to learn how to properly deal with certain grant implementation rules, such as procurement, financial support for third parties, visibility and expenditure verification and to gain insight on how to draft and apply a code of conduct for your organization. Explore and download all the templates, infographics and other materials made available to you for a smoother management of all your EU grants financed by DG INTPA, DG NEAR and the EU delegations.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Easily prepare procurement plans and organize related procurement procedures according to EU rules.
- Deal with financial support for third parties from the proposal stage to implementation, reporting and the closing phase of the action.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of an expenditure verification and avoid disallowance of expenditure.
- Properly apply communication and visibility rules.
- Properly develop and implement your organisation’s code of conduct
This systematic guidance teaches you how to organize procurement processes in the framework of EU grants. Become familiar with procurement principles and terminology, and learn how to translate them into practical procedures. Become comfortable preparing procurement plans and get equipped to organize calls for tenders or negotiated procedures by following our step-by-step guidelines and ready-to-use checklists and templates.
Gain in-depth knowledge and tools that will equip your organisation to act as a donor and award financial support to local CSOs, grassroots organisations or other entities within the framework of EU grants. Become familiar with the information that must be provided in your project proposals regarding this kind of “grants in cascade.” Be ready to manage financial support for third parties starting from the selection and award procedure, to the implementation and monitoring of related activities and results achieved, all the way through to reporting and expenditure verification or auditing processes.
This course is based on a practical scenario in which characters working for an imaginary organisation are faced with an expenditure verification. There’s no reason to be intimidated or stressed by this type of financial check! Our practical tips and tricks will prepare you for this important step in EU grant management and help you avoid risks related to ineligibility of costs. Know exactly what to expect from auditors and how to organize the information and documents that must be provided to them during the verification process.
This eLearning presents an exhaustive guide to developing and enforcing your code of conduct, which is a requirement that must be met to receive grants from the European Union. Get familiar with the principles behind creating a code of conduct and put them into practice using specific measures and a robust implementation strategy. Learn how to correctly apply and monitor the code of conduct and keep it updated moving forward.
Module 1: Introduction to Procurement
- What is procurement?
- Procurement policy
- Types of contracts
Module 2: Bringing the Procurement Principles to Life
- Introduction to procurement principles
- Ethical procurement
- Sound financial management
- Supporting the local economy
Module 3: Organising the Procurement
- The procurement plan
- Amending the plan
- Risk management
Module 4: Procurement Procedures Step-By-Step
- Compliance with EU rules
- Direct purchase and single quote
- Negotiated procedure
- Tender publication
- Tender step-by-step
- Framework contract
Module 1: Propose Financial Support for Third Parties
- Let’s analyse key information from the guidelines for applicants of calls for proposals
- Who are the third parties of financial support?
- Checklist of key elements to be provided at proposal stage
Module 2: Select the Beneficiaries of Financial Support
- The different types of selection procedures
- Calls for proposals
- Preparation activities: call announcement, full details of the call for proposals, publication of the call
- Proposals reception, evaluation and selection
- Supporting evidence of the evaluation process
Module 3: Awarding Financial Support
- Signature of agreement with the beneficiaries of financial support: key responsibilities of both parties
- Startup of financial support: briefing third parties on the use of EU funds
- Other activities of capacity development
Module 4: Monitoring and Reporting
- System of control set up to verify the eligibility of costs
- Reporting expenditure of financial support beneficiaries
- Supporting evidence and documentation that must be kept in your possession
Module 1: What is an Expenditure Verification?
- Foundational knowledge that all staff should understand from the beginning of the project.
Module 2: Expenditure Verification Step-By-Step
- Guidance through the entire process of expenditure verification.
Module 3: Ensuring the Eligibility of Costs
- Practical tips to make sure all your costs are eligible.
Module 4: Preparing Supporting Documents
- Insight on how to collect and prepare all necessary supporting documents.
Module 5: Be Ready for the Auditors’ Visit
- Keep calm and prepare for the visit.
Module 6: Expenditure Verification Report
- Know the types of checks that will be conducted by the auditors in order to prepare the reports.
Module 7: Survival Toolkit
- Keep it on-hand and don’t be afraid of the expenditure verification process!
Module 1: NGOs and Accountability
In this introductory module, we will explore the answer to the following question: Why is it important to adopt a code of conduct?
Module 2: Key Steps to Develop Your Code of Conduct
This module provides guidance and tips for getting started and properly organising the process of developing your organisation’s code of conduct.
Module 3: Key Topics to Include in Your Code of Conduct.
Your code of conduct should be developed to match the needs of your organisation, but certain specific principles and rules must almost always be included – we will look at them in detail.
Module 4: Implementing Your Code of Conduct
Enforcing the code of conduct should be one of the highest priorities of any organization. This module provides guidance on how to define your implementation strategy.
Module 5: Monitoring and Reviewing
A code that becomes outdated will quickly lose its importance and relevance. This module presents steps that can be taken to ensure that your code is always up to date.
This package includes five interactive asynchronous eLearning modules:
all included eLearning modules for a total commitment time of approximately 10 hours.
Each eLearning module is composed as follows:
- Interactive eLearning: you can follow the course at your own pace on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. The course includes reading texts, watching short videos, interactive exercises and hypothetical scenarios.
- Additional learning material: you will be able to download additional reading materials and documents.
- Forum - you will be able to communicate with the trainers and post questions and share information and best practices with other participants.
- Final tasks - 30 mins - Complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
- Operational and financial staff of not-for-profit organisations, consultants, university and post-graduate students.
- NOT appropriate for pillar-assessed organizations’ staff, acting under the Contribution Agreement.
Previous experience or knowledge related to accessing and managing EU funds is not required, but could be helpful.
You will need access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with an Internet connection.
All the courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of subscription.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download directly from the learning platform.
The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all punto.sud Academy courses you’ve attended..