- Category Virtual Classroom
- Duration 14 hours
- Language English
- Date 12-13-14 October 2022
UN and Pillar-Assessed Organisations: contractual and financial management of EU Grants in practice
3-day session training course designed to strengthen the participants’ skills and capacity in managing EU-funded international cooperation projects
This practical overview covers all aspects of managing EU-funded (or multi-donor) projects. With this course, you’ll be ready to apply for EU funding through direct negotiations with the EU delegations /EC or by applying in calls for proposals.
Obtain the tools you need to solve all types of issues and challenges within the framework of Contribution Agreements signed with DG INTPA, DG NEAR and the EU Delegations. Build competences in reporting, modifications and addenda, visibility and communication activities, M&E, verification of expenditure, and EU right of access. Share practical experiences with the other participants and create checklists and infographics with lessons learned and best practices.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between direct and indirect management of EU-funded actions.
- Strengthen your skills in preparing project proposals.
- Properly prepare the special conditions in cooperation with the EU.
- Ensure the eligibility of costs and monitoring of expenditure.
- Easily handle changes, requests of modification and addenda to the agreement.
- Properly implement your Communication and Visibility Plan.
- Be familiar with the reporting rules.
- Know how to prepare your organisation for a verification of expenditure by the EU.
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The curse is structured in 3 days of 3,5 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 14 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 10,5 hours – 3 sessions of 3,5 hours each - the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1,5 hours – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents, exercises and interactive eLearning modules that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
This course is created for:
- Staff of pillar-assessed organisations involved in EU resource mobilisation and management of EU-specific agreements.
Basic knowledge of EU project implementation rules for pillar assessed organisations is suitable but not mandatory.
You will need access to a computer or tablet with a microphone and speakers or a headset, and an Internet connection. The course will be held over Zoom – no additional software is required.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
Once you have completed all the training material and passed the exit test, your certificate of attendance for each specific course will be available to download from the learning platform. The certificates are always available in your profile page with historical data of all PuntoSud Academy courses you’ve attended.
- Long-term framework agreements
- Two ways to get funding: direct negotiations and calls for proposals
- Differences between EU direct and indirect management
- Key elements of the description of the action
- Logframe and the results-chain
- Budget and eligibility of costs
- Communication and Visibility Plan
- Contribution Agreement (CA) and annexes
- Special conditions – points of attention
- Main differences in CA under indirect management versus resulting from a call for proposals
- Roles and responsibilities of the organisation and implementing partners
- Differences between grants and procurement contract
- EU restrictive measures and exclusion criteria
- Primary rules and principles related to procurement
- Awarding grants: procedures to follow
- Evaluation and monitoring missions
- ROM missions
- Monitoring the eligibility of expenditure
- General rules regarding changes
- Two types of modifications: unilateral modification and addendum
- Suspension procedures
- Reporting requirements
- Information to be provided in the interim and final report
- Payment procedures
- Who can verify the use of EU funding
- Accounting and financial checks: key rules
- Objectives and methods of the EU verification of expenditure
- Process for verification of expenditure
Download the Agenda
Sara CastagnetoTraining Manager - Trainer
Simona PoglianiPuntosud Academy - Head Of Department
Save your money and buy this course in the Learning Plan
Buy this course and get free access to the
EU Grants Learning HUB
Beginners - Intermediate
(excluding VAT - to be added if due)
Max: 25 | Min: 8
PuntoSud Academy Learning Platform
h 10:00 - 13:30 CET/CEST
Booking will close on 11/10/2022
Discount for Multiple Booking Details
Bank Transfer Credit Card Paypal